WorldCat Discovery is the Albertsons Library online catalog. It can be accessed by clicking on the Books, Videos, and More box on the Library home page. Books may be searched by keyword or by using an exact search such as title or author. In addition to books WorldCat Discovery may be used to locate videos, electronic books and periodicals.
The Library's A-Z list provides access to our Databases. here you will find article databases, newspaper databases, online encyclopedias, Streaming film and music databases, and more. Access the A-Z list by selecting the box entitled Articles and Databases.
1. University libraries are very different from high school libraries. They can be confusing and intimidating. Become familiar with the library as soon as you can - both by visiting in person and online.
2. Research is not difficult - research is detailed. Manage the research assignment in the same way you would manage any project: know what to do, have a plan, follow the plan, and establish a time line.
3. Everything is not on Google. Everything is not online. You will have to be your own Sherlock Holmes when you search and discover information. Albertsons Library has a wide selection of academic, scholarly databases to make your search rewarding.
4. Start as soon as you get the assignment. This is a time management skill - working on your paper every day, beginning with the day you receive the assignment, will allow you to keep going, remain focused, and very possibly finish early.
5. Ask for help when you need it. Ask for help even if you don't think you need help - just to be sure that you are on the right track. The librarians and library staff are waiting for you to ask - this is why we are here.
6. Learn and use the Research Guides and How To Videos. Remember - research is detailed.
7. Always get more than the minimum number of sources required. Sometimes as you are writing the paper you may discover that sources don't work out as planned, so be prepared to have additional sources that you can use instead, rather than having to begin searching all over again.