The Responsible Business Initiative
May 7, 2014
(photo caption) Left to right: Donald Collins, Wells Fargo; Todd Cooper, Wells Fargo; Patrick Shannon, Boise State; Angeli Weller, Boise State; Dave McCune, Wells Fargo; Molly Lenty, Wells Fargo
RBI was initially formed under the College of Business and Economics (COBE) with special attention to diversity and inclusion within the business world in partnership with our friends at Wells Fargo Bank. It was later elevated to a university-level initiative under Blue Sky in order to increase its impact within Boise State and the larger Idaho community.
The RBI Faculty Council continues to work within COBE to incorporate responsible business education throughout the curriculum.
Relevance – We address important business and societal issues by being effective, innovative and risk-tolerant. Our effectiveness is based on rigorous teaching and research, and a commitment to lifelong learning and community engagement.
Respect – We strive to be an inclusive, collegial community that values all forms of diversity. We are committed to integrity and ethical behavior in all that we do.
Responsibility – We foster an environment that empowers students, staff and faculty. We are dedicated to accountability, transparency and fairness.
COBE graduates should be able to demonstrate appropriate principles of responsible business practices which include the following
1. Individual Responsibility (Business Ethics)
2. Social Responsibility (Corporate Social Responsibility)
3. Leadership Responsibility (Corporate Governance)
4. Environmental Responsibility (Environmental Sustainability)
5. Cultural Responsibility (Diversity)
by resolving issues pertaining to responsible business practices by
• Identifying responsible business issues
• Identifying relevant stakeholders and their interests
• Evaluating possible impacts of alternative courses of action on stakeholders
• Formulating and communicating a viable plan of action