Check out these sites for more information about the people and places mentioned in the book.
Boise State's Campus Read - The official campus site.
William Kamkwamba on Typepad - The author's website and blog.
William Kamkwamba on TED - A profile with info and video links.
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind Reading Guide - From the publisher.
CIA World Factbook - Learn more about Kamkwamba's home country, Malawi
Recent web news
Welcome to the resource page for Boise State University's Campus Read book for 2010-11, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. Here you can find recommended books, articles, databases, and other tools related to the issues and topics discussed in the book.
Get the book
Haven't read it yet? We have lots of copies in the library.
Get it in print:
- There are two copies on the New Books Shelf on the 1st floor, call number TJ820 .K36 2009
- There are three additional copies on the 4th floor, call number TJ820 .K36 2010
- The area public libraries have thirteen additional copies available.
Get it in audio:
- We do not currently have an audio edition of the book at Boise State, but Boise Public and Garden City Library cardholders can access it in audio from Overdrive.
Start Your Research Here
If you're working on a paper related to the book, here are the best places to start your article search:
TOP CHOICE for just about any topic: Academic Search Premier
Or choose a database by subject:
- Education: ERIC
- English: MLA International Bibliography
- History: Historical Abstracts
- Health Sciences: MEDLINE
- Political Science: SAGE Full-Text Collection
You can see more database choices for any subject here.
If you're looking for an ethnographic overview of a culture, try browsing one of these resources online:
- eHRAF World Cultures - includes short and comprehensive articles on all aspects of the cultural and social life of cultures from across the globe
- Abstracts in Anthropology - articles from across the disciplines of Anthropology, including Cultural Anthropology