Albertsons Library provides access to over 280 research databases and indexes via its "Articles, Databases" link on the library's homepage: http://library.boisestate.edu
We have created several subject-specific lists of databases germane to your topic. The following databases cover the spectrum of French and World Languages research and scholarship:
- The MLA International Bibliography is a subject index for books, articles and websites published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics.
- Electronic version of the Bibliography dates back to 1925 and contains over 2 million citations from more than 4,400 periodicals (including peer-reviewed e-journals) and 1,000 book publishers.
- International coverage is represented by literature from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America, and while the majority of records are from English-language publications, at least sixty other languages are represented including French, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, Norwegian, and Swedish.
- Combines international scholarly literature and includes Gale's Literary Index, with access to over 165,000 author names, including pseudonyms and variant names, and listings for over 215,000 titles into one source.
- CSA Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) abstracts and indexes the international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences. The database covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics.
- Combines and cross-references over 165,000 author names, including pseudonyms and variant names, and listings for over 215,000 titles into one source.
- Includes access to: Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online, Literature Criticism Online, and Something About the Author Online
- Cross-discipline database
- Access to non-English full-text news sources from around the world.
- 65,000 essays contained in some 5,300 anthologies and collections
- 300 single and multi-author collections are indexed annually
- Coverage spans the entire range of the humanities and social sciences, with subject coverage ranging from economics, political science, and history to criticism of literary works, art history, drama, and film.