Top Recommended Databases
This is where you put the top databases for your subject area.
- All LibGuide Main Pages should have three column layout on the home page with these:
- Catalog Widget (left top column)
- Box with “Top” Recommended Databases - Best Practice indicates priority is strongly recommended (center top column)
- Link to Library Homepage
- Link to Help - Get help now options
- Profile Box should say “Your Librarian” (right top column)
- Standardized tab names (or if broken down by subdisciplines on tabs, then these would become standardized box names) Note: not all guides may have all of these elements, but if they do, use these descriptions
- Start Here (will include Articles)
- Online videos
- Specific Classes - Nest each individual course page on drop down tab
- All links on guides should open in a “new” page
- All guides should have a User Friendly URL
Tips for Writing on the Web
- Be succinct - shorter is better.
- Write for scannability: Readers do not read long continuous blocks of text.
- Proofread your work.